Followers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Dangerous Sharks 1

Are sharks really dangerous? 
Well, watching ‘Jaws’ could tell you something about that. Any shark which is bigger than 6 feet (1.8 meters) is a possible threat to humans due to its size and adaptations, like jaws and stronger teeth.
These sharks do not specifically troll for human flesh, often humans are mistaken for seals, sea lions or other common prey animals. 
According to the official list issued by Institute of Shark Attack Files (ISAF) of most dangerous sharks the White Shark tops the list with 451 attacks recorded till May 2009. The other followers are Tiger Shark (158 attacks), Bull Shark (120 attacks), Requiem Shark (75 attacks), and Sand Tiger Shark (59 attacks).


Great White Shark
The great white shark is recognized to have most fatal attacks on humans. The danger related with this species is unquestionably associated with its size and the curious way of approaching its assumed prey. Since swimmers and surfers resemble seal or sea lion from below the water, they are mistaken as the shark’s usual prey.

pic: scrapetv.com
I'm afraid.. what about you?

So long

Toto

31 comments:

  1. i love sharks!!

    http://le-nerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was in south-east asia I ate shark:) It was delicious tho. But I wouldnt want any of those white sharks on my plate:( Wouldnt even fit the table

    ReplyDelete
  3. it´s normal to feel afraid since water is not our element, so we´re in disadvantage.... yet sharks are amazing creatures, we must protect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I'm getting hunger for fish-salat!!!

    http://incredible-mo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't mind sharks as long as there is something between me and them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharks scare the crap out of me. I don't go in natural bodies of water. If I can't see what's in the water, I don't go in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post :)
    thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharks are too scary but crocodiles can be cool sometimes :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never seen a shark when I was in the ocean but I don't really want to see one lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't want to ever see a shark, I'd be so scared, following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you watch jaws backwards it's about a bunch of sharks throwing up people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know it's extremely rare, but I can't help but worry every time I go into the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. im not afraid. I could take a Great White, no prob.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahaha this post reminds me of this pic, where somebody shopped out the teeth on sharks. They're the thing that makes shark look scary d;

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah....I think I'll respect a shark's territory and just stay the hell out of it! No way I want an encounter with those teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. People get too scared of sharks. We have lots of sharks around were I live, especially bull sharks in the river mouth which will tear you apart! But if your smart, don't go swimming when the waters murky, when the weathers stormy, at dusk, or when theres lots of birds in the water you'll be right.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great stuff, thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharks are unpredictable...so yeah I am scared lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post BRO!!

    I wait on my blog!!

    $upporting

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice post! love sharks! :)

    http://www.daily-life-of-mxc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete