Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dangerous Bridges 4

Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge

The famous Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge spans a chasm 80 feet deep. Earlier its structure had only one cable hand bar and broadly placed planks which enabled the people to go across. The single hand bar was later substituted with two hand bar bridge. 
The existing one was set up as an additional security measure.Though there is no major accident on record, on many occasions visitors had to be evacuated as they were unable to walk back over the bridge. 
Constructed to serve the requirement of local fisher folk, the uniqueness of its construction made it a tourist destination.


article from: all-most.com / pic from:http://cache2.allpostersimages.com

The last post of this series! 
Tomorrow, finally a "Chompie" cartoon comes! 

So long
Toto

26 comments:

  1. If no one died on it, it must be safe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice swim Linksss.
    Hope you don't hit any rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome man!
    thefitmuscle.blogspot.com
    $upported!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god I would not want to walk across that thing with only one hand bar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I could handle this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't like having to walk that everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. It looks like a scene from Riven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I'd be too bothered about walking across this bridge, providing it was daytime, and fine weather.
    Imagine going across it pitch darkness and with the wind howling? - different kettle of fish entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i looked up more pictures of the bridge. its well constructed and totally chill. lots of people on the bridge at one time. looks like a really good smoke spot. i like the design of this bridge a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might walk that one, for the VIEW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. another 10-min daredevil experience,I am all for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that one looks relatively stable, but its height is very offputting

    randomramblingggg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never walk across that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This feels like the rope bridge on Indiana Jones Temple of Doom

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful view, I would risk the danger to see that

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love bridges, and these have been sexy as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  17. damn these bridges creep me out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This seems like one of the sanest bridges you have shown us to date. haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. makes me queazy just looking at it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Screw that, I'd just jump across...

    ReplyDelete
  21. seriously i'm peeing my pants thinking about walking that :E

    virellum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I could never walk that, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. There's a great father/son activity: death!

    ReplyDelete