Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dangerous Bridges 1

Inca Rope Bridge

The bridge is situated in the southern province of Kanas, and made of special herbs through manual labor. The structure made of ropes spans 366 meters and is renovated every year by the local inhabitants.
They are a simple suspension type bridge used for crossing deep rivers, gorges to facilitate travel within the Inca Empire and were an integral part of its road network. Supported by plaited branches and cables made of grass these bridges could sustain pressures of speeding horses and carts.


article from: all-most.com / pic from: bogoboo.com

I'm sorry for being away the last 10 days.. were pretty busy. But now I'm back! Hope you'll enjoy!

So Long

Toto

27 comments:

  1. WOW!
    this is really dangeroud!
    supporting!
    http://le-nerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!

    I'd never be on that bridge 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I would cross that bridge, looks dangerous even though they renovate it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never go on such a bridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. I would never cross a bridge like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post!!

    I went here today!!

    RESPECT BRO

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bridge looks AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow I wouldn't go anywhere near that thing lol

    following bro

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that looks like a lot of fun. it doesn't even look that high off of the water. when you said it was incan rope made out of grass and special herbs, i think about smoking peace pipes with shamans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. forget that bridge, i have seen Temple of Doom one too many times....

    randomramblingggg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you're back. Oh boy....I think you'd have to pay me handsomely to get on that bridge. I'm with the commenter above...reminds me of the Temple of Doom! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm deathly afraid of heights I'd stay away from that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never ever use that bridge. That is just insane. It's nice to find out stuff like this though. Thanks for the story man,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy that looks scary :P Glad I mainly stay on the ground haha

    Following/supporting.

    Limitfears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha I would cross this bridge. It would be an experience :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stop following me. All you do is F5 bomb me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sexiest bridge, ever. I would *love* to visit that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it would be nerve racking to cross that bridge

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is insane, I wouldn't cross that ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd never be able to cross that. But I guess that it can be useful for someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Um, Indiana Jones anyone. Looks like the exact bridge from the movie!

    ReplyDelete